End of the Year Message: Gratitude on the Highroad
What a year it has been! I am sure that like me, you are in the midst of wrapping up work, wrapping up gifts, and winding down, so I will keep my message this month short and sweet.
The holidays can be a time of stress for many. Along with the good cheer may come family difficulties, overwhelm, and anxiety. Numerous studies show that gratitude helps to reduce many of these end-of-the-year stresses. What are you thankful for and how to do express it?
- Think of or write down three good things that happened to you this week and an explanation of why they happened.
- Write down what you are grateful for every night before bed.
- Keep a “gratitude jar” with little strips of paper around the house. Any time you feel grateful for something big or small, write it down and put it in the jar. Read all of the pieces of paper at the end of the year.
- Call someone up and tell them you appreciate them. Tell them why.
- Post visual reminders of people and meaningful experiences that generate gratefulness.
- Keep a list of your strengths, gifts, and talents. Add to it as often as you like.
I am thankful for my Highroad community, for my clients, my readers, my colleagues, and of course my friends and family. I appreciate all of the ways in which you have connected with me this year, and I look forward to partnership and collaboration in 2018!
Happy Holidays from Highroad,