Transition to Collaborative Offshoring
For those in the early stages of an offshore transition, you may be struggling with the stress of knowledge transfer, setting up operations abroad, and putting the right technology in place.
For those in more established partnerships where things are operating fairly smoothly, you might wonder if the team could be more cohesive and optimized.
Common Offshore Challenges
- Getting a “yes” when you have a sense that something is wrong
- More time spent overseeing processes than money saved
- Uncertainty about what capabilities your offshore resources have to offer
- Language, accent, and time zone barriers
- Lack of social interaction, “us and them” feeling between onshore and offshore
Let Highroad help you solve these challenges and build an offshore team that operates with trust and effectiveness.
Highroad Collaborative Offshoring Initiative
This initiative has brought the most success to our clients in resolving their offshore challenges. We recommend the steps be taken together, but they can be done separately if needed. Here we present the initiative as conducted between the United States and India. However, we design the initiative to fit your specific offshore operation.
Highroad Offshoring Excellence Assessment
Similar to an energy audit on your home, we look for areas in your offshore partnership where productivity, morale, revenue or efficiency might be slowly leaking out, causing unnecessary frustration and lost time. Choose between a new offshore partnership assessment and one designed for relationships older than 36 months.
How does the Offshore Excellence Assessment work? Click here for an executive summary.
Working Effectively with Indian Partners Workshop
For Western Clients in Offshore Partnerships (2 hours virtual or 1/2 day face-to-face)
Through this workshop Western clients will…
- Learn about offshoring best practices and get a road map for applying them
- Get direct communication flowing, set expectations, and manage deadlines with India
- Discover the best ways to build relationships with Indian teammates
- Create a high-performing team with Indians through knowledge of Indian workplace values, history, etiquette, and beliefs
Working Effectively with Western Clients and Partners
For Indian Team Members in Offshore Partnerships (2 hours virtual or 1/2 day face-to-face)
Through this workshop Indian partners will…
- Address the common cultural gaps and frustrations between India and the U.S. or Western Europe
- Manage perceptions and build relationships with Western colleagues
- Develop an effective communication protocol with Western clients
- Gain knowledge of Western cultural values, etiquette, beliefs, and workplace behavior
Building a High-Performing U.S./India Team
Bringing the Whole Team Together (2 hours virtual or 1/2 day face-to-face)
In this inspiring, solution-oriented session the team will…
- Discuss the survey results from both sides and select the priority issues
- Engage in exercises to build trust and get to know each other on a more personal level
- Build protocols such as managing time zones and conference calls
- Plan the next series of action steps to ensure the continued growth of the team
Once this initiative is complete, Highroad Global Services makes a presentation to leadership with our recommendations. If you want to stop struggling and get the best results from your offshore partnership, contact us to learn more about the Highroad Collaborative Offshoring Initiative can meet your needs.
Contact us for more information at 770.936.9209.
Video: Yes Across Cultures
Chief Highroader Vicki Flier Hudson discusses the meaning of the word “yes” across cultures.
Interview: Offshoring to India
Click here to read the article.
Study: The Impact of Cultural Differences
Click here to read the article.