Highroad eBook on India
Reduce your offshoring headaches and optimize your team’s performance with our e-book, Zen and the Art of Offshoring: How to Build a Collaborative and Profitable Team with Your Partners in India.
Current Free Reports
Executive Leadership Institute Video on Global Leadership
This video, taken from a presentation by Vicki Flier Hudson at the Kettering Executive Network, explores the impact of cross-cultural challenges on revenue and the best practices to stay ahead.
1. Building German and American Collaboration Using Lessons from the Space Program
This article, published in the German American Chamber of Commerce Trade Magazine, emphasizes the best practices for reducing the cultural gaps between German and American counterparts. The ideas are presented through the NASA model of creating mission rules during the Apollo 11 moon landing. Click here for a flipbook of the magazine. To go directly to the article enter page 36.
Click here to download the article.
2. The Number One Impact on Offshore Deals: Cultural Differences
This article, published in Nearshore Americas, discusses the role of cross-cultural training in creating sustainable, productive offshore partnerships. Author Luke Bujarski interviewed Highroad Global Services and other experts in language and cross-cultural training to better understand how clients meet their offshore expectations. The article also looks at the cultural differences that can make or break a cross-border contract.
Click here to download the article.
3. From Divided to Ignited to United:
Proper planning is necessary if you want more than raw data or an information dump from your offshore business. Cultural education and team building can unite your global teams, leveraging them to operate as a single entity, yet respecting and valuing differences. Click here to find out in which stage your global business stands.
Click here to download the report.
4. Top Ten Tips for Doing Business Outside the United States
Doing business outside the US can be challenging if you’re unfamiliar with the global landscape. This article by Highroad chief Vicki Flier Hudson offers ten easy tips for success abroad. Click here to read more.
5. Effective Cross-Cultural Project Management:
This article, a feature published in September of 2007 in Industrial Engineer magazine, highlights the common pitfalls of planning a project across cultures and provides several strategies for success. Do not miss this content-rich, practical report on streamlining your projects and ensuring results across borders.
Click here to download the Free Project Planning Report
Copyright © 2007. Reprinted with permission of the Institute of Industrial Engineers from September 2007, Industrial Engineer. All rights reserved.
6. The Untapped Goldmine: Marketing to Diverse Consumers:
Are you reaching all of your potential consumers? Are you ready for marketing in a globalized economy? Connecting with consumers’ cultural values and needs is a key part of marketing today. Read this report for tips, resources and in-depth understanding about raising your market value for a diverse set of customers.
Click here to download the Free Diverse Marketing Report
7. How Company Leaders Turn New Diversity Trends into Sustainable Growth:
Highroad President Vicki Flier Hudson was recently asked to speak at a diversity panel at Emory’s Goizueta Business School. Panelists came from organizations such as Turner Broadcasting, the Atlanta Falcons and Deloitte & Touche. Each speaker offered valuable insight into the traps and pitfalls of diversity today, as well as solutions that benefit all employees. Learn what these successful leaders have done including flexibility for working mothers, vacation incentives for U.S. based employees and more.
Click here to download the Free Diversity Report.
8. The Five Keys to Successful Intercultural Communication:
Global communication has become a way of life, but it doesn’t mean we understand others enough to meet our goals. Five keys to successful intercultural communication open the doors to understanding and serving clients best.
Click here to download this article written for the ATA Chronicle:
9. Fight the Fear: Maximize Your International Business:
You may have heard the expression before, but how has its meaning changed in light of the global economic downturn? No part of the world seems untouched by the recession, and as we all share the burden, leaders are seeking ways to maximize current business investments, cut costs and root out inefficiencies. Some people, on the other hand, let fear control their decisions, and therefore they retract into isolation. Read on to see how to fight the fear and grow your international business.
Click here to download the Free Fight the Fear Report
10. Cross-Cultural Competency: The Skill You Can’t Survive Without:
Click here to learn about the hidden costs of offshoring to India.
Check out “The Calcutta Railway Riot,” a Highroad tale and winner of the Intrepid Travel Writing Contest.
Click here to learn about the cultural lessons wrapped up in gift giving.
- Great travel resource, newsletter, tours and inspiration: Wanderlust and Lipstick
- Travel services to China: China Professional Tours
- Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet
- Boots ‘n’ All: Independent Travel
- Learn workplace Spanish for success: Workplace Spanish
- Translation Services: True Language
- Fluent in 3 Months: Fluent in 3 Months
Legal and Human Resources
- Worldwide immigration law services: Siskind Susser Bland Immigration Law
- Outsourcing and international tax law services: Fisher Broyles
Local to Georgia
- Free Resources on the Cultural Groups of Atlanta: Global Atlanta Works
- Georgia Council for International Visitors: www.gciv.org
- Atlanta World Trade Center – International Events: www.wtcatlanta.org
- News and Views of India: www.khabar.com
- Technology Association of Georgia International Business Society: Tag IBS
Cross-Cultural Resources and Tools
- Books on Culture and Diversity: www.interculturalpress.com
- Tool to develop cultural competence: IDI Assessment
- Assessment for measuring intercultural competence: www.sietarusa.org
- Games and training for global skills: Diversophy
- Reliable World Facts: CIA World Factbook
- Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication: ICI